Sunday, November 22, 2009

Why is my Internet always shutting down??

A while back we had a virus on the computer. I managed to remove it following instructions I found by googling it but ever since then, my Internet is forever shutting itself down and I get the error message 'Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close'. It doesn't matter what browser I use - Mozilla Firefox has exactly the same problem. I have tried running Spybot and getting rid of everything it found but nothing's working! Can anyone help?



Why is my Internet always shutting down??nintendo ds browser



You may still have a virus on your computer.



You can either try a system restore by going to Safe mode



%26gt;restart computer



%26gt;tap F8 until the safe mode menu comes up



%26gt;Select safe mode



%26gt;Log on to windows.



%26gt;When it asks click "No" and i will show you the system restore option.



%26gt;Select a restore point before that virus.



alternatively you may try using other antivirus software.



assuming you either have a comercial one like norton or a free one like AVG you can try Avira or Avast



Avira:



http://www.free-av.com/



Avast:



http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.ht...



If you still cant find anything you can try using Hijack This and post a log on their website analyser to see if anything else is the cause



Hijack This:



http://www.hijackthis.de



the only other option would be to Re-install windows. You will need your windows CD and KEY/license number



Guide:



http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,105866...



I hope that helps



*Advice. Don't buy software unless you really want to, as usually there are many free alternatives that are equally as good.



Why is my Internet always shutting down??windows 98 internet explorer



w led zeppelin
Buy Bullguard, run a full system scan and you should be fine. I use Bullguard and it rocks, the best firewall and anti-virus you can get, online help too.



Oh and if you have not, upgrade to XP service pack 2 and install every update, will take a while but you will see the benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortin