Friday, November 27, 2009

HTML: the book said: write on a Notepad, save it and display the Web page in a Web browser (Internet

but when I go to the Internet Explorer and try to Open this file, it just said the internet is off line and I am unable to open it, even though i am online for most of others things! Why is that , how can I open the web on the browser? My server is Virgin and they don't care to help me, since the pop up of Off line, Connecting, Error comes all the time.



HTML: the book said: write on a Notepad, save it and display the Web page in a Web browser (Internet Explorer)microsoft templates



Save your .txt file as a .html file - are you doing this?



HTML: the book said: write on a Notepad, save it and display the Web page in a Web browser (Internet Explorer)windows firewall internet explorer



Make sure you save the file as filename.HTM or filename.HTML. Go to My Documents and double click it and IE should launch and display the document as a webpage. You don't need to have IE already running.
to view simple html files on the local machine doesn't require any internet connedction.



Write html code in a note pad. While saving it save it as a "abc.html" (with double quotes) as the file type in the below combo box is .txt file



alternative way is to change the file type from the combo box to "All" and type the name as abc.html without quotes.



for those file which u have ealier created.. check the extension. it should be .html or .htm. otherwise it will not display
using notepad save the file as:



"myFilename.html" or "myFilename.htm" complete with the " "



if yo do not use the double quotation marks, notepad saves your file as myFilename.html.txt not myFilename.html
I think you are ahead of yourself. Notepad is an HTML Editor program. When you "open the web on the browser", you are supposed to be opening the WEB PAGE ON THE BROWSER. I have a web site and I type the rubbish I want to publish to the web site in Word, then copy it and paste into Notepad (the HTML Editor), then I copy the Notepad page and paste it into the web site. This method gives continuity to the article without line breaks etc., if I posted it as a Word paper there would be double spaces between lines for e.g..

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortin