Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Why is my Internet Explorer pulling up my home page and then aborting (leaving me an error message)?

It only does it the the first time I open my browser. It's been doing it the past week or so.



Why is my Internet Explorer pulling up my home page and then aborting (leaving me an error message)?microsoft word



To fix this problem it is best to include the error message and what it says or look up the EXACT words of the error in a search engine.



It could be that the home page it is set to doesn't work, or it tries to start the webpage before your connection to the internet is fully established (and thus it think the site isn't there).



Switching to a different browser like a previous user suggested will not solve the problem as it is not browser based (and firefox has more vulnerabilities than Internet explorer anyway though they don't like to admit it, thankfully CNN and the NY times let us know for them. =) )



Why is my Internet Explorer pulling up my home page and then aborting (leaving me an error message)?windows movie maker internet explorerI am very glad it helped. Have a wonderful day! Report It


Solution:



Mozilla Firefox



Internet Explorer is like the bad boyfriend you wish you never had. He will always be around, but he will always leave you hanging.



Go with a browser you can trust.



If it is saying the page is unavailable, then try a known site... www.google.com. If that does not come up, you need to check your internet connection to be sure you are not having problems with your ISP.



.
What error message does it give?
You can try this tool to fix it:



http://www.fix-pc-errors.info



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortin