Sunday, November 22, 2009

(internet question) Hi, I hope someone can help me....?

Can someone tell me why the following ad I placed on eBay displays correctly when viewed with Internet Explorer, but shows errors when viewed with Mozilla Firefox?



Also, can any Netscape and Mac users out there tell me if the ad displays correctly or with errors? (I don't have access to these systems)



Here is the ad (please note that this is a genuine question and not intended as spam):



http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...



Thanks for any feedback %26amp; comments!



(internet question) Hi, I hope someone can help me....?replacement windows



A lot of sites that you see on the IE turn out to be marginally different (visibly and graphically) on Mozilla Firefox and drastically different on Opera, most times.



You have to prioritize your browser, as per your requirements, but there is really very little you can do because the webpage compatibility lies at the hands of the websites themselves - it is not the fault of the browser.



That is the reason why you cant actually replace the Internet Explorer "wholly and solely" with FIREFOX, say for things like, updating your MS critical updates, or editing webpages on sites that don't care about the webpage compatibility.



I am a little surprised on learning it is EBAY at fault this time.



When I faced these problems, I was asked to email to the specific site to rectify their webpage problem.



Alternatively, you could add a few useful extensions to your Firefox like "view page in internet explorer" etc. (type it in the firefox extensions page search bar to get the extension) and voila!



PS: Click TOOLS %26gt; EXTENSIONS %26gt; GET MORE EXTENSIONS %26gt; TYPE "view page in internet explorer" and download the recommended extension.



best of luck!



(internet question) Hi, I hope someone can help me....?windows mail internet explorer



Many sites have compatibility issues with Firefox, I don't know what is going on with your particular ad but I have had trouble with eBay from time to time with Firefox, all I can say is when you have this problem is to use IE. Some sites are not coded correctly for Firefox, a lot of sites are only coded for IE and some are coded for both. Complain to eBay, it's their problem there is next to nothing you can do to fix it.
I'm a mac user, your ad is okay using safari, but with netscape I get errors

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortin