Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls, even with internet not enabled.?

I've been fighting this problem for over a year. I can't use my HP scanner because the ActiveX error prohibits the scanner from operating. I've exhausted all of my HP resources.Yesterday I reinstalled my Yahoo browser and since then I get the error every 10-15 seconds. However, if I click " OK" it goes away. I get the error even with the browser not opened so it must be a Windows XP problem. All the notes in the Microsoft websites refer only to errors in Internet Explorer or other internet site. If it keeps up I'll be bald within the year.



Security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls, even with internet not enabled.?ie 7



This might be an error on HP part, did u try updating the drivers, if all else fails , try a complete format and install windows again, and use firefox or opera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortin