Friday, November 27, 2009

I can't connect to AIM or FTP but I can connect to Internet Explorer. Im on Laptop. What's

I can connect to internet explorer, uTorrent, and even Firefox but I cant connect to AIM or with FTP. I am on vista. I tried different AIM versions, all failing. I was setting up and FTP account with armadax keylogger and got an error message saying 'FTP ser could not be reached'. The information entered was correct. I am on a laptop connecting wirelessly (if it matters). I was told to change third-party firewall settings by someoine on yahoo answers once. I couldnt fing AIM on this list o programs to unblock. I was just trying to allow ports on the router on the main computer. I don't know if I have to do anything like that.



-Firewall is off



-I am very close to router



-I dont think Norton (my only security program) is blocking it.



Any links, information, or any little thing will be appreciated so pleaseeeee answer!!!!



Thanks



I can't connect to AIM or FTP but I can connect to Internet Explorer. Im on Laptop. What's the problemwindows media player 10



I had the same problem, not with AIM, but FTP.



My Wireless DSL Modem was blocking FTP by defualt.



1. Connect to gateway



cmd



ipconfig



figure out what your gateway is?



Plug that IP into the your internet browser and enter password



Find your firewall settings on gateway device and add FTP



Save settings



I can't connect to AIM or FTP but I can connect to Internet Explorer. Im on Laptop. What's the problemmicrosoft net internet explorer



Check ur proxy/firewall settings...
I probably need more information to help. Please confirm that your Windows Firewall is off and your Norton Firewall is off. Please be aware that having both turned off can be dangerous so only do it to test the problem.
This is due to the firewall. Firewalls block certain ports.



For example, FTP is traditionally port 21,



but HTTP (world wide web) is traditionally port 80.



For reference, you can look up common ports here:



http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node...



the best thing you can do is simply unblock the blocked ports.



If you are not sophisticated enough to do that; then disable the firewall each time you run the desired internet application.



If you can't figure that one out either, you can always uninstall the firewall...



Note-- various versions of Norton antivirus automatically come with a firewall, so you should definitely check the version you have.



Can't tell you more without knowing what firewall you have...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortin